· By Anya Kaats
Blueberry Coconut Muffins
These blueberry muffins make for a perfect snack at any time of day – not just for breakfast! Packed with antioxidant-rich blueberries and healthy fats from 3 different coconut ingredients, these little muffins will keep you full & focused without any of the traditional processed carbohydrates and sugars that you would normally find in blueberry muffins. (1)
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, coconut nectar, melted coconut oil and vanilla and combine well.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, blending with a hand mixer.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Place batter into a paper lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on the outside.
- Cool and serve!