· By Suja Juice
6 Super Sources of Omega 3-s
Flaxseed: Just 2 tbsp of flaxseed can help you meet your daily needs. (2)
Wild Salmon: Boasts 1,060 mg of omega-3s per 3-ounce serving! (3)
Walnuts: 1/4 cup of walnuts contains about 91% of the daily value needed. (4)
Chia Seeds: The oil in the seeds contains more than 60% Omega-3s (5)
Spinach: One cup of boiled spinach has 10 percent of the daily requirement. (6)
Kale: The healthy balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids keep your body strong! (7)
- "8 Easy Ways to Load Up on Healthy Omega-3 Fats." US News. U.S.News & World Report, 4 Apr. 2011. Web. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/diet-fitness/diet/articles/2011/04/14/8-easy-ways-to-load-up-on-healthy-omega-3-fats.
- "Flaxseed Health Benefits, Food Sources, Recipes, and Tips for Using It." WebMD. WebMD, 2 July 2011. Web. http://www.webmd.com/diet/benefits-of-flaxseed.
- "Fish and Omega-3 Fatty Acids." 6 Oct. 2016. Web. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/HealthyDietGoals/Fish-and-Omega-3-Fatty-Acids_UCM_303248_Article.jsp#.Wd5eCROPJTY
- "Walnuts for Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)." LivingRheum. Living Rheum INC., 1 Feb. 2015. Web. http://www.livingrheum.com/2010/01/15/walnuts-for-rheumatoid-arthritis-ra-draft.
- Ware, M. (2015, March 26). What are the health benefits of chia seeds? Retrieved from http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/291334.php
- "What's New and Beneficial About Spinach." Spinach. The George Mateljan Foundation. Web. 3 Oct. 2015. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=43.
- Ware, M. (2015, June 1). Kale: Health Benefits, Uses and Risks. Retrieved August 3, 2015, from http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270435.php