· By Anya Kaats
4 Homemade Almond Milk Recipes
Here's a basic, delicious recipe with 3 possible twists:
- 16 oz unroasted, unsalted almonds
- 6 cups filtered water
- pinch of salt
- For Chocolate: 1/4 cup cacao powder mixed in 2+ tablespoons of hot water so powder dissolves
- For Vanilla: 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- For Cinnamon Spice: 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Rinse almonds in a colander.
2. Soak almonds in a large bowl overnight in filtered, cold water and cover with a cloth or dish towel.
3. In the morning, rinse almonds one more time.
4. Use a high-powered blender to blend almonds, water and salt on high for about 30-40 seconds until well blended.
5. Pour mixture into a nut milk bag over a large bowl and squeeze until all liquid is extracted.
Anya Kaats & Suja Juice