· By Annie Lawless
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
I absolutely LOOOOOOVE holiday themed flavors! If it’s pumpkin, cinnamon apple, candy cane, or ginger bread, sign me up! There’s something so festive and fun about the return of fall and holiday themed flavors that get’s me so excited to snuggle up by the fire and watch my favorite holiday movies (ahem…Home Alone anyone?) The problem with indulging in the classic holiday favorites is that they’re often loaded with sugar, chemicals, gluten, and dairy. I created my own version of my favorite holiday sipper, the "Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte", so I could enjoy it guilt free and still feel great through the most wonderful time of the year!
Chemical & Dairy-Free Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe:
- ½ cup hot black coffee (for best flavor, brew this on the strong side!)
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
- 1Tbsp full fat coconut milk (this is optional, but it makes it extra velvety and luxurious so I always add it!)
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp organic canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Instructions:Blend all ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour into your favorite mug and garnish with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and drizzle of maple syrup. For those who wish to add a special touch, here's an added bonus dairy-free whipped cream recipe!
Dairy-Free Whipped Cream:
- 1 14oz can full fat coconut milk (Use a brand without guar gum! Guar gum is an emulsifier that prevents separation, but we want the cream and the water to separate for this. I like Native Forest brand the best.)
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract