· By Suja Juice
DIY Trail Mix
Trail mix, you know it, you love it. These days, trail mix goes way beyond basic GORP (good old raisins & peanuts). I was one of those kids that went to summer camp every year and before our long camping trips, my trek counselor would always have bags of nuts in the lodge for us to make and mix before we headed on the trail. I always put together my favorite nut assortments as well as some M&M’s. Now of days, I don’t want to put chocolate into my trail mix because there are so many other tasty nuts that will give trail mix the sweet and salty flavor! This mix has the best flavor and is one of my fave snacks for a little afternoon hike or the perfect pick me up snack!
Suja Juice DIY Trail Mix
- Raw Almonds- 1 ½ cup
- Roasted Almonds- 1 ½ cup
- Raw Pecans – 1 ½ cup
- Dried Blueberries – ½ cup
- Pumpkin Seeds – 1 ½ cup
- Roasted Organic Cacao Beans -1 ½ cup (they’re an acquired taste, so please understand that they could be bitter, therefore roasting them, just like the almonds, will bring out maximum flavor)
- Dried Cherries- 1 cup
- Organic Dried Goji Berry or Wolfberry (provides maximum nutrients and antioxidants) – 1 cup (this item is expensive and very potent, so don’t overuse)
- Combine Raw Almonds, Pecans, Organic Cacao Beans, Dried Cherries, Dried Blueberries, Organic Dried Goji Berry or Wolfberries into a large bow, mix well.
- To roast almonds, pecans and Cacao beans, simply toss nuts on a cookie sheet or parchment paper, turn over onto 270*F and roast for 7-10 minutes, be mindful of them, because roasting can turn to burning very quickly.