· By Suja Juice
Healthy Truffle Recipe
These bites are so epic, I don't even know where to start. They are packed with protein, fiber, magnesium, iron, omega 3 fatty acids and most importantly, cacao. They are a perfect on-the-go post-workout snack to refuel your body and replenish your muscles. Nutritionally, they can hang with the healthiest energy bars, but taste more like a heavenly chocolate truffle. Oh, and they're raw, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, vegan and take less than 10 minutes to assemble. I'm kind of embarrassed to share this "recipe," it's so easy! Here's how: Ingredients:
- 1 cup almond flour (you may purchase at a health food store or grind 1 cup raw almonds in a high speed blender)
- 1.5 scoops protein powder (I use a raw, vegan, sprouted brown rice protein, but whatever your preference is fine)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Measure the dry ingredients (almond flour, protein powder, hemp seeds, flax seeds, coconut flakes, and cacao powder) and put into a bowl.
- Whisk or sift together to get any clumps out and ensure everything is properly combined.
- Measure and add the almond butter and maple syrup to the combined dry ingredients.
- Mix everything together with a spoon until you notice everything sticking together.
- Using your hands, take about a tablespoon of the mixture and shape into a ball. Lay the ball on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat this until all of the mixture has been used.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before eating. Keep refrigerated for best results.