· By Zelana Montminy
Hello and happy holidays! I'm Dr. Zelana Montminy (Suja's Health and Wellness Expert) and we're wrapping up our four-part blog series on Classic juice variety packs for every time of year! The holidays are here which means over indulging has become the norm and sweets and sugar somehow manage to finagle their way into more and more meals. Thankfully, there's always juice to remove bloat ;) As I’ve said before, I’ve been a big fan of Suja Juice since day one as I strongly believe that what we eat is connected to how we feel and how can you feel anything but awesome with only organic, never (ever) GMO and always cold-pressured juice without the junk? So far, we’ve prepped you (or the bride-to-be in your life) for wedding season with our “Shedding for the Wedding” variety pack and we’ve (hopefully) helped you through a rough weekend or two with the “I’m Never Drinking Again” variety pack. We've also pulled together a pack for those of you who are juice newbies with our "I'm a Juice Virgin" variety pack. Now check out these six juices that help relieve that post-Thanksgiving bloat!
- Lemon Love: Our body holds onto water so you don’t dehydrate – which is what we call water retention. People often think if they’re bloated they shouldn’t drink more fluid, but that’s exactly when you need fluids to push the water retention through. Lemons are natural diuretic and a gentle laxative so this juice will help reduce the amount of salt your body holds on to. More salt causes your body to hold onto even more fluid, causing more bloating.
- Twelve Essentials: Peppermint, celery and ginger in this juice are all powerful debloaters. Celery juice helps digestion and decreases fluid retention which can cause bloating and swelling. Ginger is a natural laxative. It helps bowel movements by warming the body, generating heat the speeds up the digestive process. Peppermint helps relax the intestines which helps reduce the gas that causes your stomach to bloat.
- Blue Dream: The cinnamon in this juice has properties that aids the digestive system in a variety of ways like relieving indigestion, gas and stomach cramps. It’s also warming to the body, which according to Ayurveda and Chinese medicine especially, promotes digestion.
- Fortitude: Aside from being a powerhouse green juice, the parsley in this one acts as a diuretic (helps increase the loss of water and salt from the body which then reduces bloat) and is great for helping to prevent and overcome gas and bloating issues.
- Fuel: The turmeric in this juice is known to combat indigestion, bloating and gas. Pineapple contains a natural digestive enzyme called bromelain which also helps to reduce bloating and gas.
- Glow: Ginger is a digestive elixir. Aside from helping reduce bloating and gas, it stimulates the body’s digestive enzymes.